House fire in Sturgis

The Sturgis Fire Department was called out to a house fire Monday morning on Griffith Street. The homeowner, Joyce Burg, was covered in black soot when firefighters arrived. She said she heard a loud “pop” near the microwave and found flames. She was taken to Sturgis Hospital for evaluation. The kitchen sustained heavy damage, and the entire structure sustained smoke, heat, and some water damage. Loss is estimated at 40-thousand dollars.

Check Also

Man arrested after stealing car and fleeing police

A LaGrange County man was arrested after driving a stolen car and attempting to elude …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *