Southwestern Michigan authorities say a 64-year-old woman died after arriving at her home, where a propane tank explosion and fire took place. The Cass County sheriff’s department says Arlene Kern’s 36-year-old son had started a fire in a wood burning stove on Monday and propane tank exploded at the home in Porter Township. Authorities say the man got out unharmed but she died “from circumstances unrelated to the fire” after arriving with another person. Sheriff’s Capt. Lyndon Parrish tells the Kalamazoo Gazette that she collapsed and died, likely from a heart attack or other medical condition. The explosion and fire were being investigated as a likely accident.
Carnival at the Centreville Fairgrounds this weekend
The St. Joseph County Fairgrounds will host a three-day event this weekend. “Sizzlin’ Into Summer” …