A house in Sherman Township sustained heavy smoke damage as the result of a fire that occurred around 8 p.m. Wednesday.
Personnel from the Centreville and Tri-Township fire departments were called to the 64000 block of Shimmel Road, where they found heavy smoke emitting from the roofline of the single-family residence.
Firefighters entered the residence and found it was unoccupied. The owners, however, were contacted and returned to the scene shortly.
The residential blaze was the second within a week in the block of Shimmel Road.