Marguerite “Peg” E. Wilson, age 95, of Sturgis, passed away Tuesday, July 10, 2012, at Borgess Medical Center in Kalamazoo.
She was born Jan. 13, 1917, in Detroit, a daughter to the late Otto and Julia (Baty) Lentz and moved to Sturgis from Detroit in 1947.
On Sept. 26, 1946, she married Edgar “Ed” W. Wilson in Detroit. He preceded her in death Oct. 1, 2010.
Peg graduated from high school in Detroit and attended business school before going to work in the offices at Ford Motor Company during World War II. After moving to Sturgis she was employed by Montgomery Wards in the credit department.
Peg was a member of the First Presbyterian Church and was active with the Presbyterian Women, a member of the Lady Elks for several years, the Sturgis Hospital Auxiliary, and was an avid gardener.
Surviving are five children, Robert Schuster of McNabb, Ill., Richard Wilson of Flat Rock, Sharon Ricke of Lebanon, Ore., twins Thelma “Tammy” Noirot of Colon and Thomas Wilson of Indianapolis; numerous grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; her husband; and a brother.
According to her wishes, there will be no visitation as cremation has taken place. A service celebrating her life will be held at a later date to be announced.
Memorial donations may be directed to First Presbyterian Church, 1320 S. Lakeview Ave, Sturgis, MI 49091. Envelopes are available at the Hackman Family Funeral Home — Rosenberg Chapel, 807 E. Chicago Road, Sturgis, which has been entrusted with the arrangements.
Her obituary is also at www.hackmanfamilyfuneralhome.com, where personal messages of support may be left for the family.