Passer-by calls 911

The Three Rivers Fire Department was called last week to a second-floor residence in the downtown district, where a passer-by called the 911 dispatch center to report seeing smoke inside the residence.

Personnel were dispatched to 2 N. Main St. at 2:25 am Friday, as the caller also reported hearing smoke detectors going off.

With assistance from the Three Rivers Police Department, firefighters alerted occupants and searched for the source.

The source of the smoke was found to be an unattended pan on the stove. One occupant was evaluated but not treated or transported. Fire crews used a positive-pressure fan to ventilate smoke from the apartment.

Check Also

Constantine – Engineering agreement for proposed waste-treatment plant

Members of the Constantine Village Council have approved an engineering service agreement for its proposed …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *