Blaze destroys house

A chimney fire is being cited as the source of a blaze that destroyed a house in Mendon Township last week.

Investigators said the conclusion was made after a closer look into the situation and its origin. The fire, which was reported at 11:30 a.m. Friday, destroyed a residence in the 53500 block of Nottawa Road.

One occupant inside the house escaped without injury. No fire personnel were injured in the blaze.

Check Also

Dog hit by train makes recovery

A dog that has made an odds-defying recovery after being struck by a train was …