Amish girl dies in house fire

Authorities say a 3-year-old Amish girl died when a kerosene stove malfunction set her southern Michigan home on fire.

The Branch County sheriff’s department says the fire broke out about 11 a.m. Wednesday at a home in Butler Township, east of Coldwater.

The Daily Reporter of Coldwater identifies the victim as Leah Graber and says her mother was cooking when the stove began to put out heavy smoke. The sheriff’s department says deputies arrived to find the girl’s family trying to get back inside the home to save her.  (AP)

Check Also

Michigan State players making deals in fall tunnel incident

At least four more Michigan State football players facing misdemeanor charges for a skirmish inside …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *