Sturgis church damaged in fire

A church in Sturgis sustained fire-related damage last week.
Sturgis firefighters arrived shortly after 1 p.m. Thursday at Potter House Church, 210 E. Congress St., and found smoke coming from near the chimney on the west side of the building.
Crew members entered the attic area and found flames in an outer wall and attic space near the pastoral office. When firefighters opened the ceilings, they found the blaze had progressed up to the peak of the roof and was running the full length of the attic.
Due to the extent of the fire and the amount of water used to extinguish it, the church sustained extensive damage, authorities said.

Check Also

Several ideas outlined in Colon project

Wayfinding signs, a block-long social district, in-ground planting strips, rooftop gardens and brightly painted crosswalks …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *