Minor damage in two weekend fires

Two residents at Riverside Townhouses, at 1200 Hov Aire Drive, were left homeless after a fire early Saturday night.
The fire was reported in apartment 101 about 6:45 p.m. Investigators said the fire originated in the kitchen and is believed to have started because of careless cooking.
No other residents were affected.
Meanwhile, Centreville firefighters were called shortly after 10 a.m. Sunday to a home in the 25000 block of Findley Road in Nottawa Township after neighbors reported seeing smoke coming from attic vent.
The home, vacant at the time, was being renovated. Damage was minor and contained to one room. The home did suffer some smoke damage.
Authorities believe the fire’s cause was electrical. No injuries were reported.

Check Also

White Pigeon – Funds sought for building restoration

Details of a committee planning the restoration of a century-old building in White Pigeon were …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *