Boy, 14, has hand blown off by homemade firework device

Police say a 14-year-old boy had his left hand blown off by a homemade firework device in southwestern Michigan.

The Benton Harbor Department of Public Safety says the child and a 12-year-old boy were injured on Tuesday afternoon.

Officers responded and the boys were hospitalized for treatment. Police say the 12-year-old had minor injuries to his face.

Police didn’t immediately know how the boys got the firework device. The department warns that adult supervision is needed for any firework use.  (AP)

Check Also

Western Michigan University alerts students after shooting

Western Michigan University alerted students to use caution Sunday following a shooting near the campus. …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *