House fire in Constantine a total loss

Investigators from the Michigan State Police Fire Marshall’s office were back at the scene of a fire Tuesday that destroyed a home in the 13000 block of Riverside Drive in Constantine Township earlier this week.
Authorities said the cause of the fire was accidental, possibly from a candle.
Constantine firefighters were called to the home about 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
First-arriving personnel found flames coming out a window on the southwest corner of the home. The fire then spread to the attic.
Firefighters were hampered by furniture blocking a patio door. Officials said the home suffered extensive damage and is a total loss.
One firefighter was treated at the scene for smoke inhalation.

Check Also

A quick round of snow tonight

A fast moving disturbance will bring variable snow amounts to the area tonight, ranging from …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *