Generator hooked to propane tank found in home where 6 died

In this Sunday, Feb. 21, 2016 photo, Genesee County Sheriff's and Fenton Township police wait outside of a home in the Stony Brook subdivision of Fenton, Mich. The sheriff's office said a family of six, including four children, have died from possible carbon monoxide poisoning. (Conor Ralph/The Flint Journal - MLive.com via AP)
In this Sunday, Feb. 21, 2016 photo, Genesee County Sheriff’s and Fenton Township police wait outside of a home in the Stony Brook subdivision of Fenton, Mich. The sheriff’s office said a family of six, including four children, have died from possible carbon monoxide poisoning. (Conor Ralph/The Flint Journal – MLive.com via AP)

 

A generator hooked up to a propane tank in the basement of a Fenton Township home is believed to be responsible for the carbon monoxide death of a couple and their four children.

Genesee County Sheriff Robert Pickell tells reporters Monday that the man’s body was found next to the generator.

The mother’s body was found near a crib containing the body of a 2-year-old.

Pickell says a 9-year-old “boy was in the living room, dressed to go out and play and it looked like he just dropped in his spot.”

The body of a 7-year-old girl was found in the master bathroom while her 11-year-old brother was found in his bedroom.

The home near Flint lost power during a storm Friday night.  (AP)

Check Also

Vaccine appointments will be available on health department webpage

The Branch-Hillsdale-St. Joseph Community Health Agency said starting next week, it will post available vaccine …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *