Man dies from carbon monoxide poisoning

An Indiana man died last week, while five family members in Cass County were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning at their Jefferson Township residence.
Sheriff Joe Underwood said deputies responded at 5:30 a.m. Friday to 66280 Indian Lane near Edwardsburg.
Cass County’s central dispatch received an alert from the residence indicating that the caller felt dizzy, faint and short of breath. Emergency personnel arrived to find multiple victims suffering from the effects of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Seeking treatment were 46-year-old David Hammang, his 41-year-old wife, Elizabeth Weston-Hammang, and their three children ages 5, 5 and 3 years.
Meanwhile, medics found Andrew A. Weston, 43, of Columbus, Ind., in the basement bedroom near the suspected source of the poisoning.
Preliminary investigation indicates the source of the poisoning may have been from an enclosed pool heating/boiler system.

Check Also

Thursday storm potential

An increasing chance of showers and thunderstorms on Thursday as the day progresses. Severe thunderstorms …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *