Police investigate threat at Centreville High School

Centreville Public Schools Superintendent Rob Kuhlman issued a statement Thursday morning related to his decision to cancel classes Thursday and Friday.
Kuhlman said the district Wednesday evening was notified by police that a message had been left on the “OK 2 Say” tip line concerning the threat of potential gun violence at the high school by two students.
Police investigated the threat and determined its credibility was low. Given the timing of the issue, however, Kuhlman said he decided to cancel school for the day Thursday and Friday.
The decision was made to insure the safety of Centreville’s students while enabling police and school officials to complete their respective investigations, he said.
Student safety, Kuhlman said, is the district’s No. 1 priority.
He did not indicate the grade-level or gender of the two students.

Check Also

Colon theater announces upcoming show

Magic City Players Performance Theater has announced an event taking place next week. “Darrin Presents …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *