Medics from the Tri Township Fire Department and Lifecare Ambulance personnel treated two Coldwater children who were overcome by exhaust fumes over the weekend in Fawn River Township.
According to the St. Joseph County Sheriff’s Department, deputies were called at 11:50 a.m. Saturday to Sweet Lake Trailer Park on U.S. 12 in response to two children who had stopped breathing.
Investigators said the children were left in the running vehicle while their parents looked at a trailer and talked to the park manager. Exhaust leaking from the vehicle made its way into the passenger compartment and the children were overcome by the fumes.
They were transported to Bronson Methodist Hospital.
Deputies said a report has been sent to the St. Joseph County Prosecutor’s Office for review of possible criminal charges.